ONLINE Florida Realtor Solar Market Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
In 2016 Florida passed legislation mandating 'net-metering' which is the billing mechanism that requires public utility companies to compenstate homeowners for the electricity that their solar home improvement generates and exports to the grid.
In 2018, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD and FHA issued NEW guidelines requiring that a solar home improvement be included in the appraised value of a home.
Thousands of Florida homeowners have installed solar in the past 10 years and since 2016 this has increased exponentially. As the Florida market matures:
- new homebuyers will seek homes that have solar and are energy independent
- solar homeowners will seek Realtors that understand the added value of their solar home improvement
- Brokers will make more commission on homes that sell for more based on NAR data
- NAR has created a Green Designation/Certification for Realtors competent in this area of expertise
- Solar Companies recommend that their clients seek a GREEN DESIGNEE when selling their home